The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I get my MTS I'm starting a new planted tank.
This will be my first serious planted tank set up.
I currently have a 10 gallon tank with random plants thrown into it, but that will change once I get my new tank set up.

I have a 20g Long tank that I will be setting up with MTS and black flourite sand.
I also have a T5HO light for it, has a pink flora 6500K bulb and a 10000K bulb in it, will change 10000K upon suggestions.
I currently have a Eheim Ecco Model 2232 canister filter with spray bar on it.
I am thinking about going with a diy CO2 setup, but am seriously thinking about getting a paintball tank setup, because those look interesting.

I need plant suggestions, I like HC so I was most likely going to try to carpet with that. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking, suggest away!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sounds like you have things under control! The 20 long has a wonderful footprint for a planted tank. What are you thinking about for a hardscape? The plants you choose will depend alot on the hardscape...wood vs rock, natural vs iwugami...

If you have the cash to do it I would say go for the pressurized CO2. While diy CO2 will work if you are diligent with it, the pressurized CO2 is just sooooo much easier to do.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I might do a mixture of wood and stone, I like the looks of wood, but I like the looks of stone too.
Also I don't really have the cash to do pressurized unless it is cheap, like a paintball tank or something along those lines, they aren't too expensive I think?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright so I have my 20g long and a 30" t5HO 2 bulb fixture with a 6500K flora bulb and a 12000K bulb (I want to switch that one, any suggestions), Have the Mineralized top soil and the black flourite sand (need more substrate since i used half my only bag for my 5.5 gallon tank), and I just bought a Rena xp2 for $40 (may be too much for my 20 gallon), and now I want lily pipes and a nice piece of driftwood and maybe some neat rocks.

I still want some plant suggestions for my first major one, so if anyone likes to suggest some neat plants to care for, let me know.

Also want some fish suggestions, I was thinking otos for sure, an apple snail or two, and definitely rcs, open to suggestions for remainder of life in the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.