The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very cool, Seetide! I appreciate your candor, and am feeling better than ever about my choices.
Right now, vacation, shortly after I am back, going to plant.....still n analysis paralysis on plant vendors and such, got the fish whittled down to 2: Class N Endlers vs Celestial Pearl Danios. Of course I will use corys, otos, nerites, and shrimp. Love the shrimp! Just have to find a fish which allows them to flourish!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks, looking forward to a journal on your tank! I am going to eventually get a second large canister and get rid of the Korelia pumps in the tank myself. I kept reef tanks for a long time so had plenty of those on hand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Day 107

Well it's day 107 of my first HT planted tank and things are on autopilot and loving it! Using the PPS Pro method has been perfect for my busy schedule, and a once every two week water change and weekly glass cleaning with the algae magnet are about it now. 6 Amano Shrimp, 3 SAE, and 6 O cats seem to balance the algae growth perfectly. Mostly now I just listen to some Grateful Dead and melt into the tank and relax!

Thanks for looking..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts