The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first berried shrimp with this colony, she got berried 3-4 days ago. The 2nd day I believe she was still fine, but I had to move the tank, so I drained it all in buckets, besides a few inches where I left the shrimp in, and filled it up with the old tank water.

I did take out 6 qts, and when I did it dropped my dGH, from 8 to, 4. I ended up adding 1/8 of Equilibrum, but it still wasn’t enough. So then I added 1/2 tbsp in a cup and stirred it then poured that cup directly in the tank which brought it up to 6-7.

I don’t know what to do? I can’t tell if she’s going to die, or if she’s going to molt and lose them all? I’m not sure if I’m going to lose more shrimp either.

Any ideas why she’s not crazy was the GH change from 4 qts (10 gallon tank) dropping it to dGH 4, then me adding it directly to 7-8 the problem, or?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do think it is going to die? Have others started to die? Just observe them and don't panic.
Since I've gotten these imported guys, they've been non-stop dying. Then again, it was my fault because I didn't even know my GH/KH was so soft (0-1) since a few years back I had no issues keeping them, only now.

3-5 days ago; I lost one more, plus some 1 of my new red cherries (not orange... Though, I think that one died as a fluke; maybe.)

The deaths have stopped again, and then she winded up berried. The thing is, I moved the tank because of renovations, too much dust, etc (I wonder that's why my other orange one died, a few days ago). After moving the tank, I took 6 quarts of water out, and that somehow significantly dropped the GH to 4. Then, I'm guessing me directly adding Equilibrium to a cup of Prime Water, 1/2 of it, and pouring it directly in the tank may of affected her.

So, that's why I think she's trying to die. Either the parameters changed shocked them, and there will be more deaths (because the GH) change. Or, she's trying to molt, or might molt, and drop them.

She hasn't been eating, I've seen her move areas in the tank, but she stands in the same spot for hours, no grazing, no fanning. So that's why I think that. I noticed a trend before they die, they become extremely inactive like this, barely moving, then die. I don't know if it's a molt issue, or something with the parameters, I just don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.