The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm attempting my first dry start and am on day 5. most plants are about 80% yellowed now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice is much appreciated.

Here is my tank Journal for reference: Iwagumi Inspired 24 Gallon Long Tank - First Time Scaper

Details:
-Substrate: Dennerelle Scaper's Soil
-Light: Fluval Plant 3.0 on 100% for 13 hours a day. 6 to 11 inches from substrate
-Water: R/O water re-mineralized with Seachem Equilibrium to 130ppm
-Plants: Rotala Bonsai, Elocharis Pusillis, Hemanithius Callitrichoidies 'Cuba', Helenthium Tenellum
-All plants but the Hemantius were in-vitro, the Hemanthius was potted
-Misted at least twice a day, no standing water, saran wrap removed for about 20 minutes a day. Condensation on walls.
-CO2: I did run C02 into the tank at about 1 drop a second for three days. I have stopped doing that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this input guys. I filled it with about a centimeter of water. I didn't want to go higher because most of the dry-start how-to's say to not let water pool to avoid fungus. The problem doesn't seem to be getting worse but its not getting better either.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I did my dry start, I added water until the level was just below the substrate (maybe 5-10 mm below). Instead of misting, I used a water bottle with some pinholes poked through the cap to wet the plants once a day. Aside from one small corner which was kept open, I kept the tank covered with plastic wrap and only opened it to wet the plants. This worked great for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.