The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to create my own co2 reactor and i wanted to know which is the best way to diffuse the co2 in the tank. I 've been through some reading air stone is not much of an option..I was thinking of plugging the tubing to the tetra co2 optimat green canister. Will that actually work ? Would u guys suggest some ways and if plugging the bottle to the green canister will work or should i reconsider the air stone ? The project is for a 10 gallon tank. Planted with some cabombas,anacharis, amazon swords, willow hygro, wendtii crypts, some corckscrew vals and trying to grow some micro-sword. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
On one of my tanks I've got it running through an airstone and then into the inlet of my canister. It works fairly well for me. When I just tried to feed it into the inlet without the airstone it just chucked bubbles out instead of dissolving.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I use a Elite Mini filter pump. I removed the foam from insode and ran my Co2 line into the bottom housing. The tubing is outputting the Co2 right under the impeller.
+2 i've used this method for my diy co2 reactor before.. and even now with my paintball setup.. cause with this one, you can skip the bubble counter.. just count how many swooshing sound it makes every second. it only cost a few bucks and gives you some current for your tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.