The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
technically you are more of a godfather/grandparent...unless there is something you need to tell us!

Make sure your intake is covered with a sponge or something dense like pantyhose. Otherwise, nothing special needs to be done :)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It looks like you have CO2 in the tank. Maybe turn that down a little?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice! I've been getting berried females almost constantly and it's exciting! Always check your filters; even with prefilters, sponges and double-nets over the intakes, I check my filters carefully monthly (HOB and canister) and I always find at least 5 shrimplets of varying sizes. Some of them are SMALL, almost hardly visible, so get an extra bucket and check small portions of water at a time with a flashlight. Also check buckets when you do water changes to make sure you haven't sucked up any shrimplets (I use an automatic water changer from the faucet but I'm paranoid about sucking up anything so I siphon water out with buckets then refill from the faucet).

Give the shrimplets places to hide (moss, dense plants etc) so they don't become food for other fish (if you have other fish in with them :)).

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That's why HC is my favorite plant. It's so lush and forms a carpet. Plus it's the perfect playground for Juvie shrimps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew as soon as I posted I should've said grandpa haha. Do lily pipe intakes with really thin slits need to be covered? That's a yellow shrimp, not much color to her though :icon_redf

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yes, lily pipe intakes have to be covered. A newborn shrimp is smaller than a piece of gravel. And by gravel I mean aqua soil, not regular pet store gravel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts