The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a few months, now i have 3 berried at once. Also I wouldn't mind a second opinion on the grading of these, they were sold to me as S but as I haven't seen too many I can't compare.

And one of my many cherries

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Beautiful shrimps! : ) Mind sharing with us your water parameters?

GH
KH
Ammonia/Nitrate
PH
etc?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
They all seem to be tiger tooth. Its hard to see how solid the white is with the bright light coming from behind the shrimp, but the first pic looks to be decent solid white, although with the yellowish-red on the side of the heads, that may classified as a lower grade than S, but I'm not a super expert on them, so I'll reserve the final judgement for others.

·
2,606 Posts
Just curious how would one measure the KH? The API test strips I see only contains GH which is hardiness. K is a measure of what, potassium hardiness?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tetra liquid test kits, i never use strips for anything. KH is the measure of carbonate hardness. Yeah i was a bit unsure of the grades because although they have the tiger tooth, the whites aren't as solid as they could be

·
2,606 Posts
Thanks everyone for clarifications. Don't want to derail this thread further. Well good luck and keep us posted on how they do! I noticed that mines get better coloring when temp drops 70 or below.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.