The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hye guys, i so began to notice BBA on my java fern and anubias..no other plants.

I want to get this under control before any major outbreak occurs. For my 55G, i dose ferts, 2.5 wpg T5HO, pressurized c02. My drop drecker is a nice green during the day and i shut off the CO2 at night and use bubble stones for O2.

I've read about increasing the CO2 levels, dosing with excel/H2O2, getting SAE (algae eaters).

What should be my course of action?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Trim out effected leaves. Also, where is the BBA occuring? I find in my tank that since treating it, it only recurrs in areas of strong flow around the spraybar and on any leaves the grow into the spraybar flow.

If that is happening to you, minor adjustments to flow direction or aquascape may help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not where there is high flow. Its on my anubias and java fern, which dont get nearly as much flow as some of my other plants (faster growers) that are near the jets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.