The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling good about my first aquascape..just got it set-up and filled. Making sure my water parameters are right before I start planting, but thought I would share and get some feed back in the meantime. So here's what I am thinking..

Dwarf baby tears on each side and between the rocks with a small 'path' down the middle

Weeping Moss on the branches

Cambomba Caroliniana (spelling) and limnophila hippuridoides all throughout the background

Any suggestions/tips/recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think that looks very nice :) still in the maturing phase but I guarantee with the right regiment of care it will blossom into a lush environment.

Have you thought about adding plants of varying colors?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you..I'm hoping so anyways. Patiently monitoring it each day for new growth :) I was hoping the rosefolia in the back left and the limnophilia aromatica on the right would add a splash of color. I would love to have some bright reds/oranges but not sure if any will thrive in a low tech setup, tho I've been told the dwarf baby tears wouldn't carpet eithe, but so far so good. Any suggestions on some colorful plants that can thrive in a low tech, moderate light set-up?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check out http://www.liquidcreations.net

Comprehensive details about each plant, and how they thrive.

Also a local to this site ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you :) Yes, they are manzanita branches. I was attempting to grow the dwarf baby tears with a low-tech setup. Started off pretty good and vibrant green but as they've grown out they are browning/darker green. Plus they seem to be growing upward more so than out. Just made a new clear lid for it so I can add more light..hopefully that will do the trick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts