The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is a Top Fin 2.6g tank and is the home of a female betta = )

I used black sand as substrate. The filter and light came with the tank. Right now it has anubias nana and anubias...barteri? I forgot XD.
I want to add a dwarf lily plant (try to make it mini) to the front left and bacopa caroliniana to the background. Maybe add crypt parva to the front right or dwarf hair grass or anubias petite.

Planting nano tanks is fun and (hopefully) relaxing!
Plant Water World Pet supply Glass

·
Registered
341 Posts
Pretty nice little tank. The two new plants look like some sort of bacopa(spelling? background plant) and some sort of crypt, maybe parva(foreground). I would also take all the rock wool off of the roots of the crypts and split up the root ball so you have several individual plantlets and plant them, covering only and all of the roots, in a nice little patch. It will fill out your tank much better and will be less stressfull on the plants. I'd actually plant them in front of the filter where your pillars are now. A root tab or 2 (no need for more than that right now) for your crypts and stem plants and regular water changes and it should work out well. If the light isn't strong enough, just pick up a 6500k spiral cfl bulb and a desk lamp of some kind so you can adjust the height of the bulb. Nice start.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, RyRob and GMYukonon24s!

Yes, the background is Bacopa Carolina. Behind the little cave on the right there's a anubias nana. On the left side there's another anubias (frazeri?), on the front left dwarf lily (I hope it grows bigger...the leafs are so tiny!) and on the front right side crypt parva.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.