The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fire eel is really pale. He has recently moved to a new home but I kept the water as close as I could. But I have been slowly lowering the ph over the last couple of days. Its down from 7.2 to 6.8 but thats over 3 days. Yesterday he was eating out of my hand like usual and even tonight he came out looking for food and was eating. The only thing I did today was add a few plants and dosed trace elements at 1/2 the suggested dose. I started co2 on this tank yesterday. just not sure if he will be ok. I've never seen one so pale before.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My fire eel is really pale. He has recently moved to a new home but I kept the water as close as I could. But I have been slowly lowering the ph over the last couple of days. Its down from 7.2 to 6.8 but thats over 3 days. Yesterday he was eating out of my hand like usual and even tonight he came out looking for food and was eating. The only thing I did today was add a few plants and dosed trace elements at 1/2 the suggested dose. I started co2 on this tank yesterday. just not sure if he will be ok. I've never seen one so pale before.
First thing I'd recommend is why do you need to lower the pH? I assume it's a chemical based pH changer like pH down? I think you should do a 30% WC and leave your water as it is.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use acid buffer when I do water changes and I'm lowering it because I'm moving my discus to that tank and I want the water as close as possible.
He seems fine now though back to color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.