The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I currently have a 18" Finnex Ray 2 on an ADA 45p, and am thinking about adding a 20" planted plus to it for the red plants. Is this too much light? I am EI dosing and have pressurized co2, and the main reason I want to add the light is for the benefit of the red plants like AR. Maybe I should just sell the light and get something else, but the 18" length isn't the easiest to find a fixture for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well the PlantedPlus doesnt have the red light just for the red plants. That 550nm spectrum of light is much more beneficial than light that is like a straight white like 5000k. Im not sure if that would be too much light but, i think that if you just replaced the Ray 2 with a PlantedPlus or PlantedPlus 24/7 you would have better results. I kinda sucks to answer questions like this because it really hard to guage your PAR value without having a PAR meter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the ray 2 is too much light. Per the par charts it's getting like 70+ at the substrate, and I'm having no algae issues or anything. Dang monster Ray doesn't come in anything smaller than 24" which is 6" too much. Weird how the Ray 2 has an 18" version while the others don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.