The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start a 18cube. I was wanting to have a tank without pressurized CO2 and medium light low tech...however, flirting with the idea of CO2. At 18 inch height would a Ray 2 or Kessil put me into CO2 or just the higher end of low tech? Any suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think an 18" Finnex Ray will put you in the medium to high PAR range at your substrate. You'd probably need CO2 to prevent algae growth with the Finnex fixture. I'm not familiar with the other fixture, so I can't comment on it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think the current planted plus would work at that depth form what your trying to do. I love mine

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you have the money for the Kessil you wont regret it, they have the most amazing shimmer and spectrum, even better than some of the halides I've seen

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the money for the Kessil you wont regret it, they have the most amazing shimmer and spectrum, even better than some of the halides I've seen
Yeah I've had the ocean blue's on my nano reefs. I have left the SW hobby for now. Kessils are nice. I am waying the pros and cons of going high light-CO2 vs medium light finnex planted + w/o CO2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts