The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with your success of your planted tank witch one have a better resualt for plants and live stock and quality fixture. I only have the led come with the tank and i want to get into planted tank. Thanks

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Ray II is for advanced users/w CO2 etc.
Planted+ will grow even some of the med light level plants and will have far less chance of algae issues.
If you are just starting this tank and don't have plenty of plants in it already nor intend to put lots of plants to start, use it @ 7.5 hrs till you get good growth going in there
with several plants before raising the hrs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the plants yet still setting the tank I want to have them all at once. yes I want to get into the high tech tank with the co2 inject so I guest ray II is the one I need to get.

Thank for the replay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ray II is for advanced users/w CO2 etc.
Planted+ will grow even some of the med light level plants and will have far less chance of algae issues.
If you are just starting this tank and don't have plenty of plants in it already nor intend to put lots of plants to start, use it @ 7.5 hrs till you get good growth going in there
with several plants before raising the hrs.
I use a ray2 and planted+ on my 37G. Keep in mind on the Ray2, the light portion is only 24"s, so you will have a 3 inch gap on each side without any light. (doesn't matter if you don't want to plant the sides.
Ray 2 or 2 ray 2's :D
Thanks guys now I know. :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I had a Ray 2 on my 29g. I didn't care for it. Changed to the Planted + and now the tank is perfect. The Ray 2 didn't need CO2, but would probably be better if you did have. Two fixtures would be a little overkill, IMO.

G

·
I'm setting up ADA 60P and thinking of doing Finnex Planted Plus 24 inch. Light will be sitting about 14/13 inches above substrate.

I can't seem to figure our what the PAR may be at. Would anyone happen to have an idea?

I plan to hopefully plant HC and or hair grass while using CO2 system.

·
Registered
509 Posts
ihave the ray 2 and im pretty pleased with it but when ifirst set my tank up, ihad massive diatom issues. but other factors could played into that as well. now my tank is looking good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts