The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 29 gallon tank with about 4 inches of substrate, where would the planted+ put me at par-wise. Would I need CO2? I'm not going for any type of difficult plants with this particular tank. I do have the ability to run pressurized CO2 if needed with the planted plus.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not sure on PAR but it is medium light. Should not need CO2, but it will definitely help. I run the same light on my 29 with no CO2 and only lightly dose ferts. With only a 6 hr photo period though.

Sent with my Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure on PAR but it is medium light. Should not need CO2, but it will definitely help. I run the same light on my 29 with no CO2 and only lightly dose ferts. With only a 6 hr photo period though.

Sent with my Samsung S4 via Tapatalk
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
33 Posts
So how tall is the tank? Specifically what is the distance between the light and the substrate? Here is the data for that fixture:
3": 185
6": 117
9": 88
12": 61
15": 45

(Source)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank is 18" tall. My substrate is about 4-4.5" so I'm around that 45 par mark. Thank you a million for this data! If you don't mind me asking, where did you find that data?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just click on the word "Source" right below the data. I added the original thread where I got that information from in case you wanted to see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts