The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
You should head over to the lighting section of this forum.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10
There are a few threads already started about Finnex's FugeRay planted +. I am sure you will find any info you need in those threads....

To answer your question. In my opinion Finnex planted + is a good light. All 3 of my tanks are now fully converted with Finnex lighting.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Well. I have a ten gallon tank. I had the fugeray before, it was ok never grew anything fast though. Then I added a marineland single bright to that and it was a little brighter not by much,

Recently a friend have me his p+ light because he got a Bml for his 20 tall
I traded off my fugeray and I'm going to trade or sell the single bright,

And for my tank at least it's a huge difference. It's like two 16" fugeray so combine. The reds and blue led light bring out the color in the plants, and the white brightens it up very well. Depending on your tank size you may need more than one. I think for a ten gallon and a 20 long being how shallow they are one is perfect but getting into 20 talks and higher you may need two

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
From what I've been able to learn, the white light bulbs are the same as the Ray II.
Take into consideration that they are good plant lights but have a broad band of
spectrum all of which the plants use but only up to a point as there is less in the peak
arias of the 650nm(red) and 460nm(blue which plants use).
So remove some of those and replace them/w 650nm bulbs and you now have a light that has a lot of broad band waves and some that are exactly in a spectrum which the plants use + better for plants that the Ray II...IMO.
Ray II is too much for a ten g tank without injected CO2.
Why don't you go to their site and check the PAR rating for the Ray II.
Whateve it says for the depth of your tank is close to what you will get from the
Planted + except that it will not be as bright for viewing as the Ray II.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
The Planted+ offers a warmer light which has benefited the plants in my tank.

On a separate note, I run a RAY II over two separate 10 g aquariums without co2. Much of this depends on plant selection, density and planning :)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I agree. Much waermer light and it's designed to get good plant growth with no co2. Even though co2 wouldn't hurt. I've noticed a good deal of growth in the past 4 days alone. Only Amazonia no ferts no co2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.