The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
One would probably work well. If you want high light then do ray2 if you want medium do planted plus

That's exactly what I was thinking. But it's reassuring to hear it from someone with experience. Especially before spending the money on one. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Shift, do you think planted plus will be able to grow red plants or plants like ludwiga? I am torn between ray2 or planted plus.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Planted + would be great for a 20g and should allow you to grow most things. I love mine on my 20g.

Here it is. Nothing special. One of my shrimp tanks, but you can see how the light looks. This was taken the day I got the fixture. Plants have taken off since.

I can post an updated pic later if you want.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hmm I am currently in ur situation and this thread helped me a lot.. But still a bit unsure.. According to shift at your depth you would get high with ray 2 and medium with another planted+. I am trying to grow glosso and I understand you need high light.. I currently have a planted+ with a depth of 18" another planted+ would take me to med? and a ray 2 would take me to high? just asking cause my depth is deeper.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts