The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to set up a 9.6 gallon tank and need a little advice on the lighting. The length of the tank is 17.8" and I was thinking about getting the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 for it, but the smallest size I can find is 20". Do you guys think I could still use that size on my tank or no?
-Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will have overhang off the edges or you can suspend it over the tank and lessen the overhang of the light. Is there a particular reason you want that specific light? If your willing to spend abit more you can get this light and have the same functions or about the same but have the sizing closer to your tank size. This light will likely require CO2 injection though.

Amazon.com : Current USA 18"-24" Satellite Plus PRO LED Light : Pet Supplies

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I have to money to swing for that light, but I'm wondering is it a better light? For instance, if I didn't have to worry about either light being too long, overhang, etc...which light would you recommend over the other?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm I have no experience with the finnex. I have a currently Satellite LED Plus that I love. I have it controlled by an arduino board so it has automatic clouds, auto-gen storms and a set lighting schedule. I havent had any problems with it, its even fell in my tank once and never had a problem. The pro which I listed is brighter than my LED plus and has some of the same features. But for what I can tell from others posts about the finnex lights and the current ones, they are both great lights, the current satellite would really possibly be for more features as it appears both can do storm and moon but current has more cloud features- my opinion anyway. Could wait for others to chime in that may have that finnex light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.