The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am looking at maybe updating my lights on my planted tank. I was thinking about going with the finnex planted 24/7 to replace my 2-24w t5ho light fixture. I have been trying to do some research but have found lots of good and lots of bad reviews. My questions are will this be enough light to grow my plants? I will list them at the end. What par should i have for my tank?

My tanks is a 29 gallon with 2-24w t5 ho bulbs with 9hr photo period co2 injection with co2 levels around 40ppm dose pps-pro daily (i does twice the recommended macro and 1/4 recommended micro) canister filter 390 gph and a koralia powerhead. 4 tiger barbs. 4 zebra danios. 3 bloodfin tetras. 3 black tail tetra.

Plants- ludwigia repens. Bacopa caroliniana. Rotalia rotundifolia. Red rubin swords. Anacharis. Java fern. Crypts. Micro sword. S. Repens.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Barring any hard data you could assume about 30PAr at 20"
finnex has about 45PAR at 20" BUT..

so you have a shorter effective photo-period "if" you use the 24/7 mode..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought this led light strip off amazon and was wondering how plants will do with it.

Biltek® 16.4' ft Cool White Aquarium Fish Tank White LED Lighting Strip + Dimmer + Remote + Wall Plug 110V -[censored]

Will i be able to grow low light plants like anubias, java fern, jungle val, and amazon swords? I built a canopy top for my 55 gallon tank and wired the lights in. Its about 3 inches from the water level. I dont want a high light set up or co2 injection just want these low light plants to grow. According to the light calculator it says my par at depth will be around 20. Thank you in advance.

This is the canopy i built and the lights

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.