The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not experienced, and am sure others will chime in, but it might help to still reduce the lighting and ferts. Or maybe just go back to your other light...I don't know if the par values in the link are accurate, but it seems 20% would still be more than enough for your plants.

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC Aquarium Light Review - Spec-Tanks

Hopefully more knowledgeable people will help with specifics to your set up and your fish. It sure is frustrating to deal with.

I have a finnex 24/7 alc in a 20 gallon long and ran it with no CO2, It was algae mob until I turned the whites way down to like to 10-20%, and adjusted the other colors low too. 6 hours straight. This helped, but still was getting gooey string and that hard algae that attached to the leaves of plants. I tested the tank for nitrate, phosphorus, iron, GH and ultimately realized my root tabs were leaching into the water column (the tabs have high GH when my water is not), and I needed to reduce macros to half or a quarter as much as the bottle said and micros 1/month, seachem excel every / other day, and nothing on water change days because of Prime. That balanced out the algae mess and I could grow plants. I slowly increased dosing, but still not to the label recommendation, until I decided to use CO2 recently. I only have a betta and he doesn't mind the light, but every fish is probably different.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts