The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please measure width of the portion the finnex led lights mount to the tank with? I would greatly appreciate it because i need to determine what size piece of aluminum i can use to act as the glass the tank mounts too.

Also can anyone advise on the spread i can expect from a planted plus and RGB Monster in 30 inch?

Together its almost a 50 dollar savings, my tank dimensions are 36x21x21 they can be hung at any distance, only looking to achieve low light plants tied to driftwood for a bare bottom tank.

thank you!
will start a build journal and diy for my hanging kit

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Can someone please measure width of the portion the finnex led lights mount to the tank with? I would greatly appreciate it because i need to determine what size piece of aluminum i can use to act as the glass the tank mounts too.

Also can anyone advise on the spread i can expect from a planted plus and RGB Monster in 30 inch?

Together its almost a 50 dollar savings, my tank dimensions are 36x21x21 they can be hung at any distance, only looking to achieve low light plants tied to driftwood for a bare bottom tank.

thank you!
will start a build journal and diy for my hanging kit
Message beachbum2012 he makes brackets to hang finnex planted plus. I bought a set from him. Real cool dude with reasonable prices. I found it much easier to do it that way then go to the hardware store and try to rig something up. (I'm not very handy haha)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i plan on using 8020.net extruded aluminum. it will be sharp! and easily available on amazon.

What dimension i needed is i guess the depth of the mount.. the part that clamps against the glass.. would it slip over a .75inch piece of aluminum?

thank you for those measurements, i think I'm going to make a 2 inch center brace between the two lights since they are pretty narrow and i need 21inch depth of coverage

greaser what size tank and fixture? does it seem to be working for you?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i plan on using 8020.net extruded aluminum. it will be sharp! and easily available on amazon.

What dimension i needed is i guess the depth of the mount.. the part that clamps against the glass.. would it slip over a .75inch piece of aluminum?

thank you for those measurements, i think I'm going to make a 2 inch center brace between the two lights since they are pretty narrow and i need 21inch depth of coverage

greaser what size tank and fixture? does it seem to be working for you?
20 gallon long with 30 inch light. It works great. My water column is 9 inches and then 4 inches of space between the top of the water and bottom of the light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm worried that between hanging the light and raising it.. I'm gonna need a ray2 but I don't plan on many plants at all.

Thoughts on the planted plus, monster combo? Or should it be ray2 and monster for 21 inch deep 21 inch wide

Def no co2 and only a few low light plants tied to driftwood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts