The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the Coralife 2-lamp T5NO 48" or the Finnex Fugeray 48" LED for my standard 55 gallon low-tech reclaimation project. I will be using standard glass tops that either would be lighting the tank through.

Have not had good luck with Coralife so I am leaning toward the Fugeray, but I am concerned it may be too much light and push me into needing CO2.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the PAR data for the 48" you would have ~ 30 at 24 inches, so you would still be in low light. You should be alright without co2.
That sounds fairly positive. Looking at the PAR chart that Hoppy has out there, I was a little nervous. Was thinking about going down to the Marineland double-bright, but the reviews on that thing don't look too great so I wanted to stick with the Fugeray.

If I have any issues, maybe I'll just play with the photoperiod a tad and see if I see desired results... maybe?

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
That sounds fairly positive. Looking at the PAR chart that Hoppy has out there, I was a little nervous. Was thinking about going down to the Marineland double-bright, but the reviews on that thing don't look too great so I wanted to stick with the Fugeray.

If I have any issues, maybe I'll just play with the photoperiod a tad and see if I see desired results... maybe?
You might have to play with the photoperiod a little, but if you have a heavily planted aquarium I think you will be able to do an eight hour photoperiod easily!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.