The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been using a ViaAqua Titanium heater for 4 years now and am very happy with it. I know quite a few people using the Finnex heaters but they are using the digital controller and they swear by them. I plan on going with the Finnex Heating Tube with Digital Controller when I need to replace mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ViaAqua was a second choice. The tank will be the new home for our cichlids and catfish, I wanted a heater that can stand up to their abuse :)

I didn't see the digital controller for them. Is it something you'd buy separate?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I've done some reading up on digital vs analog controllers, for Finnex anyways, and it seems that the analog is more accurate. Of course I'm still checking things out. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In tank. I'm not very trusting on the in-line styles yet. I know our cichlids and catfish are pretty brutal with heaters, replaces 3 since last year, so I started researching the titanium ones, and the Finnex seems highly recommended.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I seem to remember that the digital can be calibrated very simply for accuracy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.