The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a nice little rimless tank for my office at work...something simple and clean. I was looking at ADA mini S but am just not willing to pay the around 100bucks for a tank only shipped at such a small size. So I got on ebay and came across the Finnex 4G kit, filter looks decent...and looks to be plenty of lighting. No clue on the spectrum of the provided bulb but I could always replace it with a 25watt fuge screw in bulb thats 6400K.

I do want to go with 3L of AquaSoil Amazonia and maybe 2L of Power Sand Special S. I wasnt really planning on CO2 injection as said this tank will be at my office...dont want to come to work one day with a mess from a CO2 tank.

For plants, I want to have a simple yet attractive setup. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
try low light plants,such as Anubias,Cryptos,Hygropgillia,moss,java fern or amazon swords,anacharis...low light plants are easier to care for

·
Registered
585 Posts
The stock light that comes with the Finnex 4 is great for a low/low-medium type setup like what you are after. You can't go wrong with the Finnex on in my opinion. Very attrative little tank for a good price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.