The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got time to make use of my finnex sitting in the garage after breaking it down last year. This is also a test for using STS as a substrate (so far so good) for a future 40Gal Long, anybody got one for sale under $50? lol. It is actually pretty easy to plant, but it is really dirty. I charged it for a week and overdosed a bit to get it started .I am going high tech for this setup, hopefully my livestock will live as you can see the dc is yellow just under 3 hrs. I put one rcs and a few red ramshorn snails there, hopefully they didn't become they first martyr of this tank. Forget about the mesh on the back, just need to grow a little more moss. Most of these plants were obtained from nyc local hobbyist here and there. I am still waiting for my UG to come next week to plant them across the tank, and a few dhg on the hill that I will get in mid Jan. It took me a long time to bend the ss mesh in shape and tie the moss there and put the whole thing to cover a rock underneath. I am thinking a few thin branches on the hill, I actually found what I liked and may fit perfectly, those were located under williamsburg bridge. I happened to stop there last week on a red light and saw those. I think they looked cool and haha I am not sure if I should go and cut them. Is it legal to rip a few pieces of tiny branches, I might do it anyway?:hihi:

I didn't feel like making this a nano tank journal, but I just felt like posting something. I still didn't know where to put this tank as this is still sitting on a chair. I didn't spend any money on this as most of the plants were cut from my other tanks except the substrate, moss, and the upcoming UG. Btw, anybody got a few osmocote or root tab for me to try? I just want to see what it does to the plant in addition to ei.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.