The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am contemplating purchasing the Finnex 24/7 for my 55 gallon. I would like to try to keep it on the low to medium tech settings though. Is this possible? Not a huge fan of the 24/7 mode. Several people have told me to just go with the regular planted plus, but the 24/7 is quite a bit cheaper right now. I also like how much more low profile it is on top of the tank unlike planted plus

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I am contemplating purchasing the Finnex 24/7 for my 55 gallon. I would like to try to keep it on the low to medium tech settings though. Is this possible? Not a huge fan of the 24/7 mode. Several people have told me to just go with the regular planted plus, but the 24/7 is quite a bit cheaper right now. I also like how much more low profile it is on top of the tank unlike planted plus
Yes. I have one on my 55 and leave it on the 24/7 mode with no issues. Tank has no co2 and gets no ferts.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't know about the differences between them since I only have the 24/7 but I know you don't have to use it in 24/7 mode and can dial it back if the lighting is too much for your tank, it has 4 memory settings. I've never used it on a timer but I was told it can be used without any issues.

I have it over a 29 gallon running in 24/7 mode, I'm thinking about putting it on a timer since 24/7 mode only has the lights at max power for about 2 hrs. Or I could add a 2nd light on a timer because I do like the color changing throughout the day.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I am currently running one on my 75g. I run it in the 24/7 mode with really no problems. I just ordered a stingray though just as a suplimental light to show my fish better.

I am running co2 and ferts. Plants are growing great. Only issue I have is with some gsa which I believe is more from phosphates rather than light.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Then I think you should be fine. If its to bright you can dial it back to keep you in the low to med tech range. The only CO2 I use is excel and everything is going okay so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.