The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the finnex 24/7 considered a low or medium strength light? i just ditched my t5 high output and was curious what to expect?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
+1 on needing size of tank, specifically height. I have a 24/7 on 24/7mode on a 20long(~12" tall), its raised about 6 inches off the top and I still get algae in the top 2 inches of the tank without any additional co2. Hygro sunset basically tries to carpet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is a 39 gallon tall tank. i think it is roughly 20"s tall. i am using the legs that came with the light fixture.

Bump: i forgot to mention that i am running pressurized co2

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think it is important to note that the PAR values of the fugeray are not really representative of the 24/7. If I recall correctly, the planted+ 24/7 has a higher PAR value than the regular planted+ which is also higher than the fugeray. It is my understanding that, on max, the 24/7 is similar to the RAY 2. Look into Mattinmd's 24/7 guide on this forum for more info.

You can also look at this link for the fugeray and the RAY2 values. (the planted+ isn't on there because the red light is not measurable with a standard PAR meter): http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/145-finnex/189944-finnex-ray-ii-fugeray-par-data.html

The PAR values also differ based on the fixture's length. What size did you get? If you got the 36" on max you would be getting into the high light range.

I consider the 24/7 to be in the medium range (High range for shallow tanks) if run using the 24/7 setting.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
planted plus PAR is 68 @ 18"

The 24/7 max
PAR (variable over time in 24/7 mode) is 48PAR

The planted plus is stronger.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts