The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 20long planted co2. Its only 12" height...almost any light thats low light will be hugh for me since its short. I know the finnes planted plus 24/7 is dimmable but i only saw videos people just changing colors. Can you actually dim the 7000k white leds? If yes in what increments? 25 50 75 100 or is it like 25 100

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can't say for sure but while doing research on this light I remember seeing somewhere that all the colors can be increased/decreased in 10% increments. Also one thing I know for sure is if you use the 24/7 feature you can not adjust the light intensity.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, you can dim each colour independently and make a custom setting (actually 4 different custom settings).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jup I have the 24/7 as well and you can control each of the four channels (w/r/g/b) individually in 10% steps and store it as one of four presets.
Also as harrynolan27 already said, the 24/7 mode (the automated cycle) is completely fixed and can't be adjusted at all.

Also what kinda sucks is that the 24/7 mode does not work with an external timer. It will resume the cycle at the time at which the power went off.
So if you want the tank completely dark during the night you cannot use the 24/7 feature without manually set the time each morning.

But as a dimmable/adjustable LED it works great.

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Yes, the white lights will always be 7000k. Adding RGB with the whites will change the color you see but will not change the kelvin.
no the colors will change the Kelvin temp. Technically it is CCT which stands for correlated color temperature and is an average of all wavelengths..
Run all the whites and just red and your K will drop from 7000k to below 7000k..

now it can be minimal or large depending on the power of each "color"
As an example if you took 10 1W 8000k leds and added 10 1W 460nm blue your "K" wil go from 8000 to 13000K

Create a scenario and cycle through the charts on the left..There are 6 different ones.
SPECTRA

you are correct if only using whites and dimming..

·
Registered
125 Posts
no the colors will change the Kelvin temp. Technically it is CCT which stands for correlated color temperature and is an average of all wavelengths..
Run all the whites and just red and your K will drop from 7000k to below 7000k..

now it can be minimal or large depending on the power of each "color"
As an example if you took 10 1W 8000k leds and added 10 1W 460nm blue your "K" wil go from 8000 to 13000K

Create a scenario and cycle through the charts on the left..There are 6 different ones.
SPECTRA

you are correct if only using whites and dimming..
I stand corrected, my bad. Thank you for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts