The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Finnex 24/7 for about a year and it's recently started to just blink on and off. At first I couldn't actually cut it off, instead it would dim down really low but would stay on.. Now it started smoking a little bit so it's completely unplugged now so no light on my tank at the moment... Anybody having the same issues? Any fixes?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
So I've had my Finnex 24/7 for about a year and it's recently started to just blink on and off. At first I couldn't actually cut it off, instead it would dim down really low but would stay on.. Now it started smoking a little bit so it's completely unplugged now so no light on my tank at the moment... Anybody having the same issues? Any fixes?
Is it still under warranty? Where was is smoking from, the power supply?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Hi All,

Regrettably the Finnex LED fixtures only come with a six (6) month warranty; some brands especially the inexpensive Chinese knockoffs are even less. The Fluval (Hagen) Fresh & Plant 2.0 has a three (3) year warranty. I'm considering the Fluval but I have not found PAR data on it yet.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hi All,

Regrettably the Finnex LED fixtures only come with a six (6) month warranty; some brands especially the inexpensive Chinese knockoffs are even less. The Fluval (Hagen) Fresh & Plant 2.0 has a three (3) year warranty. I'm considering the Fluval but I have not found PAR data on it yet.
Not really related to the post, but I think I saw some par data for it and it is a bit more powerful than the ray 2

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you need lights in pinch just get some cheap shop lights or desk lamps with 6500 k bulbs from Home Depot lowes or Walmart and return them when you find a permanent light

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi All,

Here you go with the PAR data for the Fluval Planted 2.0. These are high quality plant lights without as many of the things that can break. You can add a cool timer and/or wi-fi control for remote operation. The 3 year warranty is hard to beat.

Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 Full Spectrum Performance LED Fixture: Aquarium Lighting

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for the replies. It was smoking from the light itself, close to where the control receptor thingy is positioned.. I've had it over a year so I doubt it has a warranty on it anymore.. :( I just didn't know if anybody has had this situation

·
Registered
424 Posts
I killed a finnex Ray II. I had it directly over the tank with no hood. small small micro bubbles that came up from the sponge filter managed to get into the housing (bad design on Finnex part in my opinion) and it fried half of the LED's......smoked, turned brown etc....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sorry your light died, but thanks for posting about it. I was considering one of these before sticking with the Fluval Aqua Sky for my 10 gallon. Make sure you read the reviews on the Fresh and Plant. Yet another light I was considering until I read about the wonky power button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts