The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 light good for carpeting plants?
High tech. In a 10 or 30 gallon tank?
I'm thinking HC and Ranunculus Inundatus and some long grass-like plant for the background.
I just love the features it has and it has a simple, sleek look that I am looking for.

This is my first time using a forum and setting up a serious planted tank.

I used to have a simple low tech, but not much growth and stopped the hobby a long time ago.
I may not use co2. No fish. At least for a long time.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Carpeting plants are generally benefited by CO2 rather than very high light. I'm not sure about that particular fixture, but PAR at substrate would only need to be in the 20s or 30s to grow a nice carpet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the finnex 24/7 is capable of producing high light. The light on its max capabilities will produce uncontrollable algae without Co2 though. Unfortunately to achieve what you want, you are going to need both or stick to a low tech solution.

The adequacy of the light is also determined by the size of the tank. I've had a lot of success with an 16" high tank using a finnex 24/7.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The 24/7 mode grew algae in my 55g with low-medium planting. I would imagine it would produce solid medium lighting on 'max'. Set that to 6-8 hours and add proper CO2 to carpet anything. High tech is pretty much defined by using CO2 on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts