The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have my co2 on a timer turning on at 12:00am (Real time) then it turns off at 8pm. My Finnex 24/7 is on a 3 hour delay too. So when my timer shows 12:00am its really 9:00am. 9am is where it starts to slowly get brighter and brighter, so a great place to start the co2 injection before max light. As far as the 3 hour delay this is just more my preference because when i get back from work i can still look at the fish without the light showing sunset/blue.

take a look at this

but i also run the marineland LED to turn on when my co2 turns on to provide a bit more light.

If you look at that post below, it shows the 24/7 mode doesn't really provide alot of peak light.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/871385-finnex-24-7-full-review.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right now i have mine on at 10 am and off at 6 pm. i have only had the light and co2 running for about a week. my tank has been neglected for about a year. im back excited about it. i hope to have it back where it was a few years ago. i had t5 high output and co2. my co2 before wasnt on a timer. i was hoping the 24/7 fixture and timed co2 would make for a better mote consistent setup

·
Temporarily suspended for violating sales limits
No tank right now :( :( :(
3,344 Posts
this is a very subjective question but in general this guy has the right idea

Ideally you want the CO2 to turn on an hour before peak and and hour before the lights go dowb
there are a lot of factors at play in how your tank handles CO2 (consumption by plants, gas-off through agitation, etc). All you have to do is make sure there's enough of it when it is needed (peak photoperiod)

I personally turn my CO2 on 2 hours before lights go on and turn it off about an hour before lights go off. The rate at which you run CO2 is far more important than the schedule IMO.

Reactions: scott36854
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.