The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently ordered a finnex planted+ 24/7 48" fixture.

Now I am wondering what height tank would be best to grow what I want to grow.

The most demanding plant would most likely be the Monte Carlo carpet I'd like to have.

Substrate will be ADA aquasoil amazonia, and I will be running pressurised CO2. I'm also considering sloping up the substrate quite a bit.

I rather enjoy the look of a shallow tank, but don't want to go too shallow if I can avoid it.

I'm getting a custom tank made so any dimensions are possible, but for simplicity I'm mainly considering 40 or 50cm of height (16-20").

Anyway, thanks in advance for the answers :)

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm growing Monte Carlo using 2-36 inch Finnex 24/7 I have both fixtures sitting on the tank and, use them only on MAX. The planted tank is 36 inches wide, 16 inches front to back and 17 inches tall. Too use the Finnex 24-7 on MAX, a timmer will need too be used.

Substrate is ADA aquasoil amazonia, and running pressurised CO2 and ferts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm growing Monte Carlo using 2-Finnex 24/7 I have both fixtures sitting on the tank and, use them only on MAX. The planted tank is 36 inch wide, 15 inches front to back and 17 inches tall. Too use the Finnex 24-7 on MAX, a timmer will need too be used.
How long do you have your light on? I treid two 24/7s on my 75 and set to 24 hour mode and was getting to much age. I have c02 and dose EI.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just got the same lights for my 55g. It's really bright even with just one. I don't know specs cause I'm new to all this, but it seems to be working great. I just got a verity pack of plants Monday and I'm already seeing new leaves growing. In just 3 days. I also keep mine on max, then blue at night,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the same lights for my 55g. It's really bright even with just one. I don't know specs cause I'm new to all this, but it seems to be working great. I just got a verity pack of plants Monday and I'm already seeing new leaves growing. In just 3 days. I also keep mine on max, then blue at night,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
How many hours are you leaving yours on for? I've been running mine on 24/7 mode and my S. Repens are not growing as fast as I expected.

James

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Hi all,

Recently ordered a finnex planted+ 24/7 48" fixture.

Now I am wondering what height tank would be best to grow what I want to grow.

The most demanding plant would most likely be the Monte Carlo carpet I'd like to have.

Substrate will be ADA aquasoil amazonia, and I will be running pressurised CO2. I'm also considering sloping up the substrate quite a bit.

I rather enjoy the look of a shallow tank, but don't want to go too shallow if I can avoid it.

I'm getting a custom tank made so any dimensions are possible, but for simplicity I'm mainly considering 40 or 50cm of height (16-20").

Anyway, thanks in advance for the answers :)

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk
75 gal with CO2 injection and the Finnex 24/7 would I think be bout right .
Would be likely to try it ,and could always add another strip light if wanting to increase for reason's unknown to me.
Don't need to run everything at eleven when throwing light energy at plant's especially early on in a newly planted tank.
Or mature tank neither IMHO
I do not have the PAR number's for the Finnex 24/7 but a bit of searching could reveal them.
I would take comfort that 50 PAR at the substrate is said by true ?guru's to allow for the growth of near any of the aquatic plant's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.