The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fedex just dropped off my new Finnex 24/7. After about an hour of playing with the settings it's now sitting on top of my tank doing its thing.

The tank is a 75 gallon that I bought used about a month ago. It came with a Marineland Double Bright LED. Now that I have the Finnex I'm wondering what to do with the Marineland. I was toying with the idea of keeping it on the tank but putting it on a timer so it turns on at about noon and off at about 3 pm. I plan on running the Finnex in 24/7 mode.

As the Marineland only has white and blue LEDs would it really be doing much besides just adding brightness? If so, would the combination of the two lights be too much light? This is a low tech tank, I dose Flourish and Flourish Excel, and I have root tabs. No injected CO2 or anything fancy.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The Marineland double bright should give you about 30-35 PAR at 24 inches. And, I think the Finnex may give about the same, or more. With just one of the two operating you should have good low light, what you need when you don't use CO2. With both of them operating you should have high light requiring about as much CO2 as your fish can live with, so that would be a real problem if you don't use CO2 at all.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, since I've no intention of using CO2 I guess I'll be putting the Marineland in mothballs. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts