The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting to clip and see my R. Najenshan, and liking how the foreground looks now, I thought it'd be worth getting some photos for record (w/o equipment). The aquascape's not done by a long shot, but I really like how it looks now:

I'm just starting to get the hang of editing RAW so they're a bit off-looking, but were worth taking. :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think that rotala needs trimming. I liked your tank with more open space. Its a little too bushy for me. And it doesn't look "neat" and "open" like before.

And it seems your front sticks are getting a little entangled or something with your background plants. I liked your tank before frankly :-D. Well it'll look better with a trimming i hope.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Buy your shrimp a mini weed wacker. Im just messing around it looks good, and reminds of some areas in Japan where my wifes family live out in the country.

·
Registered
676 Posts
It looks awesome! Looks like the Green Gain did the trick.

Do you ever worry that the plants are going to dominate your hardscape?

I'm also digging the superglued moss!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John-- Thanks :D

Maru-kun-- You know it's interesting. I started off with the idea of looking at the forest from a distance but I ended up standing in the forest instead. Well, these photos are just for record. I'll be trimming tomorrow.

Gabe-- Is ADA in the works of making them weed-wackers. :hihi: Seriously though dude, thanks for the feedback. If it looks anything at all like the woods in Japan, than hopefully I'm going in the right direction.

Nightshop-- That is just too much! I remember when I started this layout and everyone thought that the hardscape was too dominant! :hihi: I think I can handle 'em though. :)

Gill-- Thanks :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow, you never cease to amaze me with your skills. I love the effect, had to take a second look to make sure that it all was under water. Simply incredible.:proud:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
SC looks great!
It gives a feel of really being out in nature.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys :D

Plants:
Rotala sp. Najenshan
Taxiphyllum alternans (Taiwan Moss)
Riccia fluitons
Microcarpea minima
Glossostigma elatinoides

All should be able to be grown emersed.