The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an active site where you can find breeders in your area to purchase fish from? I have been googling for over an hour ... looking for apistos/rams breeders in Western NY ... no luck

How is ordering on the internet for fish? Anyone have recommended places to purchase online?

I am rather hesitant to purchase mail order fish, and would rather purchase from a LFS or breeder ...

·
Registered
362 Posts
i would like to know how one goes about this as well. i am all about supporting the little guy, especially a local breeder who specializes in this hobby rather than most LFS's who are in it for the $$$/retail.

Also, i like the idea of buying captive bred fish over wild caught. Call me a tree hugger if you want, but i just feel its better for everyone.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Plant Lover
305 Posts
I just bought a pair of Aggies on Aquabid from "Cichlid Freak", guy named Zach in Minnesota. I am in Vermont. I was very pleased. Beautiful fish and arrived in good shape, this despite FedEx losing the shipment and it detouring to Texas and arriving to me 2 days late! Only slight complaint was that because FedEx was late, they were supposed to refund the shipping which Zach said he would then refund to me... never did see that refund.

But the fish are stunning and healthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.