The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found several threads on the matter but all seem to be several years old. I've got a 5 gallon tank and have been using the same 20oz co2 canister for what seems to be a year. I had another canister that I never ended up filling but that's proving to be a nightmare compared to a year ago.

I used Sports Authority previously, but they all seem to have shut down in the Bay Area. Dick's Sporting Goods seems to sometimes have co2, but it depends on if the stores are out.... Definitely a hit or miss. I called Airgas and Alliance and neither do such small refills (nor do they refill, swap only). I tried visiting Hansen's Fire Equipment but they were closed that day, so I'm not sure about them.

Where does one go to fill their co2 tanks around here? It's been pretty frustrating to find refills.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know about the bay area, but I've heard liquor stores or brewing supply stores sometimes have CO2, as it is used for dispensing tap beer. Maybe call around a bit and see if any of them have some. Still, they may not do such a small container either.

Brian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Carbonic Service
1920 De La Cruz Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone number (408) 610-1055

or for smaller tanks 5 lbs or less:
Cutting Edge Paintball
176 Race St
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone number (408) 295-9015

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try any Dick's Sporting supplies store. There's one in Hayward and one in Dublin.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I see someone posted about Dick's already. Dick's has it, but they're sometimes out or equipment is down, so always call ahead to make sure they have it that day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Dwarf Fish Lover
471 Posts
I used to use Hansen for many years. And I think they are either going out of business or moving. They charge $40 for refill anyway compared to $23 for a swap at air gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts