The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is the 25 gal plaudarium I made 2 months ago

Here is the king

inhabitants include the king & his 2 girls (anoles) 3 tree frogs & some whiteclouds
Excuse the crappy photography:hihi:
What do you think?

·
Registered
862 Posts
yep I can see the thumbnails in your post but the links go to imageshack's front door

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NEW Pics

Downloaded the picture onto a new hosting site. I hope this works better.

I am so Technology challenged. lol

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Loonks nice
just to tell you, Females *almost* always have that center stripe down their backs, and males *hardly* ever do. I've been keeping/catching/seeing anoles since i was about 8 yrs. old. they are easy to breed and very interesting, but i'm sure you know that huh!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Loonks nice
just to tell you, Females *almost* always have that center stripe down their backs, and males *hardly* ever do. I've been keeping/catching/seeing anoles since i was about 8 yrs. old. they are easy to breed and very interesting, but i'm sure you know that huh!
Actually no I didn't. :wink: Are the females more agressive then? This one has grown to be the largest and is the most agressive out of the 3.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The females can get aggressive, but they aren't as aggressive as males. do you see any of them bobbing their heads up and down? that is ussually a male's *call* or his warning to other males, but females can do it to warsd off aggressive males or females.
The one in your picture may be a male. the head is slightly larger, as males ussually have.
The females ussually have a more slender head. also, some males will *hide themselves from more aggressive males by looking and acting like a female, although most of the time there will be obvious chasing of the submissive male.

I would do some researching on them if you want to breed them, because most of my advice is from experience only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts