The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been toying with the aquascaping for some time and finally got my drift wood in. I want some ground cover but haven't found any locally yet. Here ya go

just playing with the macro on my little bro's camera

·
Registered
276 Posts
I agree with the natural comment. Honestly, when I first looked at it, I was like, "Is there water in there?" It looks like it is a piece of a forest ground. The sub. looks like wood chippings.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with it so far. I just need to find some low, capeting plants to finish it off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi,
Your Nano is looking real good. Now you need some nano fish to put in there. Check these little guys out.

Full grown male less than .75 inch.

Here he is again Pursuing happyness!

These are Heterandria formosa or sometimes called Least Killies Fish

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually have 2 gold tetras in there right now, so the fish are covered so far.

aquaspot - I do plan on putting some more sand on top. There is a good deal mixed in right now, but it's about 1/4" below the top of the florite. I will pack some sand in the spots I want covered and then plant the little stuff.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks good :) Substrate looks like broken terracotta pots:tongue:

How do you like that filter?! I have the same one and haven't set it up yet:smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm impressed with the little guy. It moves a good bit of water and is very quiet. I wish there was a little more room in it though. I wanted to keep some filter floss in there but it boggs down the impeller too much because it ends up crammed tight just below it. I think a little creativity would allow it to work though. i use the spray bar because the power heady type nozzel was too fast for the tank. I get some good circulation with the spray bar as it is. For $15, I'm very happy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm impressed with the little guy. It moves a good bit of water and is very quiet. I wish there was a little more room in it though. I wanted to keep some filter floss in there but it boggs down the impeller too much because it ends up crammed tight just below it. I think a little creativity would allow it to work though. i use the spray bar because the power heady type nozzel was too fast for the tank. I get some good circulation with the spray bar as it is. For $15, I'm very happy.
Yeh I can't wait to use it. I bought mine off of some guy on Ebay for about the same price. I haven't installed it yet, but took it apart to look at it. The little partition to put the carbon is, is so tiny!! I am also setting it up in my 2.5 Gal for a betta. I was totally diggin the little spray bar-- that was pretty much the selling point for me. OMG you just inspired me to go set mine up!!!! :icon_eek:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finished the wood work on my hood today. I'm probably going to build a small stand for it so it doesn't look top heavy later. I just need to stain it and put some hinges on the lid and it will be done.

It's made of 1x4's and 1/4" plywood for the lid.
The light is a 10w Eclipse flourescent screwed into a standard base that is mounted to the side. It probably only took 20 minutes or less to measure and build and it cost me a bulb and fixture. I'd say it's worth it.

I also added a small red-tail banded loach to help with my new snail problem. He's in with 2 gold tetras.

whole tank with new light

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.