The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully i made good choices. i got 6 tiger barbs (3 regular ones and 3 green ones) and i got a farlowella catfish. hopefully he will be happy in my tank. he has already eaten a piece of algae wafer that i put in there.

the twig catfish is the coolest fish i have ever had! i love him :)

i have the 6 barbs are tiny. they are really cute but they seem so small right now that they seem to be lost in the tank.

did i make a good choice?

how many more barbs can i add? should i stick with barbs or should i get something else to put in there? (this is not now, this is for later on, when everyone is settled and the tank is ready for more) they have silver dollar fish at my lfs and i was thinking 2 of those in there with the barbs? yay or nay? i don't know anything about those fish, no research done yet, but i will make sure everything will be ok before i get anything else.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that site is awesome!! thanks!!

the batteries are dead on my camera so i only have crappy cell pics

the heater is pretty much an eyesore right now. hopefully the plants will grow up soon! the hob is going to be replaced with a sponge filter soon. hopefully it will be enough filtration, it is rated for 30-60 gallons.

and my tiny barbs, they are so small, hopefully they grow strong and big soon!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome! thanks :) i will check to see if my lfs can get them in.

here are some better pictures. those plants in the middle are anubias, i didn't realize and planted them in the soil. i changed it and tucked 2 under a rock by a smaller root and i stuck the 3rd through a hole in the driftwood.

i really need to paint the back of the tank black! the green of my walls really fights with the green of the plants. i will do that this weekend if i get time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.