The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems like forever I've been searching my tank for a preggie bee......when today I spotted her during my water change. I tried getting a pic but she kept hiding in the H.Compacta. Funny thing though....as I tried getting a good pic of her, all these CRS would show up!!! When I want to get pics of my CRS, they just dash away! But noooooooooo....when I'm not looking to photograph them, they bombard me with their poses. :rolleyes: LOL Darn lil critters.

Just wanted to share and will eventually get a pic of her. :proud: Now I'm just hoping they make it. I'd love to see a bunch of lil bees in my shrimp tank! :icon_wink

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Wait is that a serious question or are you being sarcastic? I thought you would know epicfish! Yes they do interbreed but they don't hybridize because they are the same shrimp just different color. Black is dominant red is recessive.

And congrats again Christin :p.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
But how would the genetics work then?

Will an S grade CRS x S grade bee = Mainly A/S grade CRS or bees?

For sure not half red half black...Interesting.

But if you keep CRS and bees together, will you get, for example, red CRS that carry the black bee trait? So many if you have two CRS mate you could get some bee offspring?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shumpei! :) How's yours doing? I remember seeing you post your bees were carrying too.

Epic....hmmmmm....I'm not sure of the ratios. I know breeders use bees to help strenghten their stock of CRS. As for my bees, I know they are bee on bee (LOL). My CRS aren't sexually mature yet.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Thanks Shumpei! :) How's yours doing? I remember seeing you post your bees were carrying too.

Epic....hmmmmm....I'm not sure of the ratios. I know breeders use bees to help strenghten their stock of CRS. As for my bees, I know they are bee on bee (LOL). My CRS aren't sexually mature yet.
Hahah. For now, but one day... ;)

My cycle is almost done. TIME FOR SOME CRS! :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
It depends on whether or not the bee is a pure bee or is already a bee/crs hybrid. Here's how it was explained to me:

CRS = Crystal Red
Bee = Bee, black color
Bee(CRS) = Bee that's been bred from a CRS parent and a Bee parent

CRS x CRS = 100% CRS
Bee x Bee = 100% Bee
CRS x Bee = 100% Bee(CRS) - not red, either black or brown
Bee x Bee(CRS) = 50% Bee, 50% Bee(CRS)
Bee(CRS) x Bee(CRS) = 25% Bee, 50% Bee(CRS), 25% CRS
CRS x Bee(CRS) = 50% Bee(CRS), 50% CRS

Make sense? :icon_eek:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Epic: Oh I figure eventually they will breed with each other, but that's ok. I'm working on setting up a CRS/Bee tank with AS, so that will house my higher grade shrimp. I'm just interested in seeing the lil babies! :) Have you decided what grade of CRS you're going to purchase?

Sol: Thanks for the ratios! :) Now I just have to determine what "type" of bees I have. LOL I got them from AW, so who really knows. The babies will help me figure it out though. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got some decent pics to share! :) These are the first group of pics I got of her. At first I didn't think they were any good, but after looking at them, I noticed they came out pretty decent.

Then the best of that day:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then today she moved out of her secure area for the feeding. You can see the color of her eggs, sort of. LOL They are tan/brown in color.

Here's a CRS checking her out. LOL

Like I said earlier....it's interesting that when you aren't out to take pics of CRS, they come out to get their pics taken anyways. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.