1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Here is my tank setup,

100x45x45
5x Peruvian Altum, 10x Corydoras panda, 2x Otocinclus Affinis, 2x Hyphessobrycon Pulchripinnis, 3x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 1x Sewellia Lineolata, 1x Rainbow Goby
Anubias barteri var, Vallisneria Gigantea, Vallisneria spiralis 'Tiger', Microsorum pteropus 'Windeløv', Java Moss, Echinodorus Ozelot, Aponogeton Crispus
Eheim 2217 (Substrat pro, Matrix, Purigen), Venusaqua Skimmer
JBL Kugeln, Seachem Flourish + Potassium

What could be the cause of this problem with my angels?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Hole in the head disease. Hexamita/protozoan infection.

Treat as follows:
* Put Angels in hospital tank to treat, preferably.
*Turn temp to 82 degrees.
*Use 1/4 tsp of Epsom Salt per 10 gallons of aquarium. Dissolve in cup with aquarium water. Pour directly into tank. Leave in for 3 days and then do water change.
* If Angels eating treat with metronidazole( active ingredient in Seachem Metroplex or Hikari Metro) in food. Use a food-grade gelatin as binder or Seachem Focus so meds adhere to food.
*Change at least 25% of water every 3 days.
* Feed for 10 days MINIMUM>

After 5 days of metronidazole, if the wounds on body get worse and do not heal, then will need to use an antibiotic in conjunction with metro. I use kanamycin ( Active ingredient in Seachem Kanaplex), but can also use nitrofurazone ( active ingredient in API Furan 2) as well.

* PS: Evaluate water quality, nutrition, and stress between fish in tank: aggression as possible underlying cause of weakening of immune system of Angels -> leading to Hexamita.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.