The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
sufficient yes, but also dangerous to young shrimps. You need to cover the intake, and that you can do with lots of things: pantyhose, foam, fine netting, etc. I usually only use sponge filters in my shrimp tanks.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently the website rating is wrong...it actually filters 15 gallons per hour...will this 15 gph be sufficient for a 9 gallon shrimp tank??? I will only have 2~3 fish (maybe Boraras brigittae)...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The website looks right to me. 60liters per hour ~ 15 gph. I would personally want more than that on a 9 gallon tank.
"AZOO Mignon Filter 60 is one of the most popular filter media on the market. It comes in clear gray housing and filters 60 liter per minute."

how much filtration would I need for the 9gal shrimp tank??? gph??

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That's the same filter as the Red Sea Nano filter. I wouldn't use it on anything over 4 gallons, personally. It's great for small tanks though. I really don't like to use HOB filters, so I can't recommend any for you but if you wanna go the canister route I'm sure a 2213 set to full throttle would be good for a 9g! And I've seen them all over the SnS lately for pretty cheap. Either way you'll have to cover the intake with something so the baby shrimp especially don't get sucked into the filter.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the same filter as the Red Sea Nano filter. I wouldn't use it on anything over 4 gallons, personally. It's great for small tanks though. I really don't like to use HOB filters, so I can't recommend any for you but if you wanna go the canister route I'm sure a 2213 set to full throttle would be good for a 9g! And I've seen them all over the SnS lately for pretty cheap. Either way you'll have to cover the intake with something so the baby shrimp especially don't get sucked into the filter.
what is the maximum size tank for the 2213?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I just picked up the Fluval edge pre-filter sponge made for the AC20. I really like it, it's smaller than most pre-filter sponges much less obtrusive. I think it should work fine for all small filter intakes, this replaces my last favorite pre-filter, the zoomed 501 pre-filter which I still like for larger filter intakes 1/2in or so...
http://store.everythingreptileinc.com/a1387.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.