The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there once agains, last time i was asking for and advice on two filters ( external) and yesterday i got one of them, it was a tetratec ex 600. Im thinking use this on 11.8 gallon aquarium full of small shrimps, pair of ancistrus and pair of helena snails. So my question is if i get two sepparate tanks could i use this one filter or it would be better to have sepparate filtration units? Also im using a JBL manado and after i switched to this substrate ( i have some plants like HC, ludwigia sp, cabomba aquatica, some floaters, jawa moss and some more) i saw that my cherries all became pale and no more new shrimplets is swimming, only thoose 3 weeks old that i found after restart. So could the substrate be a problem why my cherries do not do some jiggy stuff ( to multiply) and is this substrate a cause of that pale colour? Also im planning on getting some red crystals :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a tank about the same size. I don't have a filter. No problems.

What was the old substrate? How did you change it? Anything inert is fine with them. If it's an active substrate you might be dropping the pH out of their comfort range. What are the water parameters?
substrate i was using was a tetra complete substrate ( yeah i know its a worthless merchandise :D ).I had a some sort of problems with that substrate so managed to get a JBL Manado and just changed it with a new cycle and a bit scaping whie my shrimps were living in another tank :) as for pH its stable at 7.2 and as fot other parameters i cant tell at this time, still not got mine tests kit... All i know is that this JBL substrate raises a kH all the time, even you can boil it and still same happens

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also might be getting a 50 l tank, and i want to make it some kind of dirted, so would be safe to keep there rcs, maybe some rilli shrimps ? also wanna cardinals :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
huh

Hi there once agains, last time i was asking for and advice on two filters ( external) and yesterday i got one of them, it was a tetratec ex 600. Im thinking use this on 11.8 gallon aquarium full of small shrimps, pair of ancistrus and pair of helena snails. So my question is if i get two sepparate tanks could i use this one filter or it would be better to have sepparate filtration units? Also im using a JBL manado and after i switched to this substrate ( i have some plants like HC, ludwigia sp, cabomba aquatica, some floaters, jawa moss and some more) i saw that my cherries all became pale and no more new shrimplets is swimming, only thoose 3 weeks old that i found after restart. So could the substrate be a problem why my cherries do not do some jiggy stuff ( to multiply) and is this substrate a cause of that pale colour? Also im planning on getting some red crystals :)
The pale color I think is a molting issue l think your tds is messed up... I had some glass shrimp and they did the whole pale color thing and then died. I had 3 berried shrimp even and they just kinda got solid and stiff looking and then died stiff :/ might want to do several water changes like 1 every other day to get your dissolved solids fixed...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pale color I think is a molting issue l think your tds is messed up... I had some glass shrimp and they did the whole pale color thing and then died. I had 3 berried shrimp even and they just kinda got solid and stiff looking and then died stiff :/ might want to do several water changes like 1 every other day to get your dissolved solids fixed...
Thanks ill try that, just saw that my one female have eggs :) yay one more time, she's thirdt batch of babies is coming :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.