The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a filter for a 75 Gallon tank. I currenlty have 2 2215s hooked up and was thinking of either getting a 2217 or the Marineland C-360.

The 2217 has the following specs

Aquarium Size 159 U.S. gal.
Pump Output 1264 U.S. gal./h
Filter Circulation 209 U.S.gal./h
Delivery Head 7' 6 " ft. wc
Filter Volume 2 U.S. gal.
Power Consumption 20 W
Approx. Dimensions 8" x 16"

Has anyone heard any reviews of the Marineland canister? I want to compare it to the 2217.

Also i would be buying this from petsmart because i have a giftcard...so....suggestions on the filters?

Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I think you are good with the 2x 2215 you already have, using both filters would help eliminate dead spots in the tank and provide a more stable enviroment.

Also with using the two you have.....

... save money since you already have it and spend the money of something else, stagger filter cleaning to keep from shocking the bacteria colony.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had two on one tank and found that it worked pretty nicely. Why are you looking to switch? Unless you're keeping goldfish or something large like that it does seem like you have it covered!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not really switching persay, im still going to keep the 2215s. I have like a 200 dollar gift card to petsmart and i dont really have anything else to spend the money on....maybe i should put it up for sale

Id use a 2217 and a 2215 on my tank and switch the 2215 to start up a shrimp tank with a sponge filter too.

Well off to swap and shop =p

·
Registered
879 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on using 2 filstar xp3's on a 55 gallon? I am in the process of redoing my planted tank. I have already bought one and was thinking of a second. Also is there anything wrong with running a coralife turbo twist 18w off of one of the xp3's along with a Hydor 300 watt inline heater on each?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.