The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cleaned my eheim 2213 filter yesterday and i noticed it being very weak.. i checked to see if my tubing was being smashed or bent anywhere and everything seemed fine. any ideas?
i'm going to try and clean my tubing later today when i get home from work (they're kinda dirty). could it be my impeller? i never cleaned it before and its about 1 year old. i tried looking for detailed instructions on how to clean it but i couldn't find anything. if you think this may be the cause of my problem could you point me to a good website with cleaning instructions?
thanks
-Pat

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 2 best things you can do is 1 clean the impleller shaft. Be careful as the axle for the impeller is ceramic and will break if you force it. use a small round brush to clear out the shaft and the output port. The other thing you can do is clean your tubes.

You can also check to make sure some of your media is not compacted and causing a slowdown in the flow of the filter.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I cleaned my 2217 for the first time in a year not long ago- took it apart and was aghast at how dirty and clogged the blue sponges were. I'd done the "backflow" cleaning a few times but obviously the filter needed more. The flow now is like night and day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.