The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new to the site I have a 40gal tank and will be changing over to a 30gal. I have a aquaclear 110 right now. I was wondering if this was too stong water flow even on bypass setting. I was wondering if I go with a Rena filstar Xp2 and run a co2 reactor like dr fosters sells and run it from the output back to the tank? I am going to a 30gal cause no one seems to sell a40gal 36*15*16 like I have now.It used to be a saltwater set up but I wanted to try a planted tank,I've been doing saltwater for over 15years Any help would be greatly appricated!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi.
forget all you know about SW and start fresh with FW.
Xp2 works fine but I highly recommend a bigger tank like 55 g.tall.or 4' long. plants look much better in a tall tank,4' tanks are easier to buy equipments for.
keep looking here.
good luck.
Ken.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Hmm K-bay, must have been there a while to be bored with SW. Welcome to TPT. A lot of folks here like the XPs, look around plenty of do-it-yourself CO2 ideas available......DC

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Thanks all, I decided to go with a 304fluval. ordered a milwalkee controller and regulator. still deciding on using a reactor or a glass tube?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K-bay

Diablo I do work at K-bay. I fix Gulfstream business jets for the Navy and Marines. Are you in the military?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to plumb it in the the fluvals output but I think I have to change the tubing. Fluval uses some funky tubing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might try to make one

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Diablo I do work at K-bay. I fix Gulfstream business jets for the Navy and Marines. Are you in the military?
Retired Marine (Diablo Canine = Devil Dog), did avionics on A-4s, OV-10s, & EA-6Bs; taught the A-school my last 4. Been to K-Bay a few times, loved every minute of it, are some quirks with living there, huh?.

The stock Fluval tubing is a POS, get some 5/8" ID 3/4" OD tubing, if you cannot find any, I'll send you some. I have several Fluvals, you can check out the hook-ups in my DIY links below. PM me, I'll build you a reactor since you are helping my bros out.....DC

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Diablo, thanks for the offer I think i'm going to stick with the glass diff for now. my co2 stuff won't be here till next week,can't wait to set it up. Again the offer was greatly appriciated.Aloha,Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts