The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I moved a few months ago I had a reef setup. The experience of having a reef setup made me realize I like freshwater alot more. So Im going to try and convert over using what I have. I have also had planted aquariums in the past. Here is a list of what I have.

1 5lb c02 bottle with milwakee regulator
1 300w heater
1 40 gal glass sump with fuge
1 90 gal tank with built in corner overflow with stand
1 mag 9 reuturn pump
1 mag 3 pump

Ive been looking at diy canister filters and Ive been trying to figure out a good way to hook up the intake to my over flow. Im going to try making an ehiem style filter out of a 5 gal bucket and my mag 9 return pump. Any advice on the best way to do this would be much appreciated.

Im going to plumb my co2 into the intake of my canister also.

Does anyone have any sugggestions for cheap substrate its kinda pricey for a 90 gal using the fancy stuff.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't understand why you want to plumb CO2 to the intake of your filter. The biological bacteria you are trying to cultivate inside the filter don't need CO2, and the whirling impeller will actually try to force any dissolved CO2 out of the water, kind of like shaking a can of soda.
IMHO, you would be much better off plumbing CO2 to your return line

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.