The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

My 2 month old Oase Biomaster Thermo canister filter has developed a buzzing/clicking sound. It always does that in the first few seconds of startup but never after that. It is not the sound that comes from trapped air so burping it does not help. Although I clean the prefilter cartridge at least weekly I have only opened the filter to check the last foam filter once. It was very clean which speaks to the great pre-filter system.

I am guessing that I need to open it up and check for debris in the impeller chamber. Does that sound like Plan A?

Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi.

My 2 month old Oase Biomaster Thermo canister filter has developed a buzzing/clicking sound. It always does that in the first few seconds of startup but never after that. It is not the sound that comes from trapped air so burping it does not help. Although I clean the prefilter cartridge at least weekly I have only opened the filter to check the last foam filter once. It was very clean which speaks to the great pre-filter system.

I am guessing that I need to open it up and check for debris in the impeller chamber. Does that sound like Plan A?

Thanks.
Impeller magnetic cylinder spinning sound when water is pushed towards the air pump directions. Normal sound when turning filters on. But its a nice idea to check the impeller cause we never know....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts