The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of redoing my 75g. I want a carpet of hc so restarting the tank emerrsed. While the 75g has no water, I am keeping all my stem plants and moss in a 20g, is it necessary to keep a filter on it while I am waiting for the hc to fill in?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would say yes, only because without one the risk of an algae bloom goes up (plus, you'll need one eventually anyway). I have heard that algae really doesn't like water flow (thus stagnant pond water being so gross), so with more flow, you should in theory have less algae.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I would at least put a powerhead or two in there, just for some water movement. It's not necessary of course, but I think there's enough evidence out there to suggest that good water movement helps to grow healthy aquatic plants.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good, I was just going to keep the canister on a tank with fish in it, but Ill throw some feeder guppies in with the holding plants to keep ammonia supply for the filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.