The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Those are intended to be used in different filters. I dont think they are interchangeable. What filter do you use?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are intended to be used in different filters. I dont think they are interchangeable. What filter do you use?
I'm using the Aqueon Quiet Flow 30.

I was told by the head of aquatics at Petco to just go buy one of those bags and place it in the filter (because it is cheaper). I fill it up with a Carbon and Zeolite blend. It isn't meant for my filter though. At my local fish shop they sell those bags too and they are just a generic brand (not meant for any filter).

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Well its been a while since I used a filter with those cartridge filter media. The "bio bags" are definitely intended for the whisper brand filters. The problem you might run into is the structure for the bag. You need that plastic "grid" to slid into a particular spot in the filter. If that isn't installed snug then all the water/particulate can flow around the filter media rendering it pretty much useless. But if it fits, and/or if you can use the "bag" around your old plastic frame/cartridge that should work fine.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
He's absolutely right about those cartridges fitting in there a particular way. You could consider just getting some reusable sponge media and cutting it to fit in your filter because you throw away a chunk of your bacteria every time you replace one of those cartridges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.